What does a floral water toner do to your skin? Why is toning such an important step? Often such questions pop up in our head while going through skin care regimes, as all of these regimes recommend using TONERS. A basic skin care routine has always consisted of three steps i.e. cleanse, tone and moisturise. But by many of us, toners are often the most ignored component in the essential daily skincare regime.
Let’s understand some of these questions that come in our mind while performing the skin care regime.
Floral Water Toners- a real boon for your skin
Toner is a skin care product which is used after cleansing and before moisturizing to ensure that the pH level of the skin is balanced. Toner is a quick, absorbing liquid that helps to remove excess dirt, traces of oil and makeup, and control acne. As it helps to clean and close pores, it's especially beneficial for acne-prone skin.
Nowadays gone are the acidic, harsh toners of the past containing majorly alcohols. These have been replaced with some gentle formulas that are an essential part of our everyday skin care routine. Toners have been known as a necessary step in our skin-care rituals, because they’re made to balance your skin’s pH levels while brightening, cleansing, and toning it. A little flower water, however, can provide all of that, while also offering up the unique properties of natural ingredients.
That’s not all a toner can do. There are a variety of benefits a toner possesses, let’s check some of them…
There has been quite an upsurge in people trying to find natural and less processed ingredients for their skincare and make-up products, floral water is one of them. Floral waters are made from various plants and flowers that are generally used to make essential oils—such as rose, lavender, tea tree, chamomile etc. The water carries the similar fragrance as of an essential oil, as it is in water form, it is totally safe to use directly on the skin. And, floral waters smell like a dream!
What does floral water toner do to your skin?
- Restores skin’s natural pH balance
- Shrinks the appearance of pores
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Helps in preventing skin breakouts
- Adds a layer of protection
- Refreshes skin
How to apply floral waters: Applied after cleansing and before moisturiser, toners can be spritzed over the skin in a light mist or used on a cotton pad that is wiped all over the face.
Here are some favourite waters, let’s check the beauty benefits of each.
- Rose Water: Rose water, a luxurious and fragrant natural product considered as one of the old beauty secrets. A genuine preparation made through steam distillation of fresh rose petals is known to have plenty of benefits. This rejuvenating floral water that helps to prevent the skin from aging and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. A quick spray of this wondrous water will add freshness to the skin thereby soothes and moisturizes at the same time.
- Vetiver Water: This splendid water is infused with the magnificent healing and skin care properties of vetiver grass. It is well known for its cooling and refreshing properties. A quick spray of this fragrant water will hydrate and instantly freshen the skin, leaving your skin scented with the refreshing scent of Vetiver. The earthy aroma of vetiver water revives the mind and body and gives a better sleep.
- Tea Tree Water: Introduce this anti-bacterial toning water made with steam distillation of tea tree leaves in your daily skincare regime. Tea tree water is specially designed to prevent acne. A soothing yet gentle product that has the ability to balance sebum production and soothe irritated skin will give you a spotless skin. A quick spray of this miraculous water will help clear pores and tighten skin while removing excess oil.
- Jasmine Water: Premium Mogra water with its anti-inflammatory properties and soothing scent will act as a facial and body mist, prevents rashes, hydrates the dull skin while tightening and rejuvenating your skin. By balancing the pH of your skin, this acts as a perfect toner for your daily skincare routine.